You won't regret adding these superb Al Arz tahinis to your kitchen. This tahini is made from the exceptional sesame seeds of the Humeira region of Ethiopia.
We offer sesame seed paste and whole sesame seed paste. Both selections are gluten free and don't contain coloring or added salt or sugar. According to the manufacturer, it does not require refrigeration. Kosher for Passover.
We love to cook and are happy we can share these recipes with you.
Dip: Combine 1 cup tahini paste, 1/2 cup ice water, 1-1/2 tablespoons lemon juice, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 garlic clove (crushed). Serve with vegetables or pita.
Another delicious dish is fried cauliflower with tahini sauce. You definitely won't be disappointed with this! It's simple, delicious, and elegant enough for company yet quick enough for a family meal.
- 95g (1/3 cup) Al Arz tahini
- 60ml (1/4 cup) water
- 60ml (1/4 cup) fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh continental parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1.5L (6 cups) extra virgin olive oil
- 1.2kg (about 1 head) cauliflower, cut into medium florets
- Place the Al Arz tahini, water, lemon juice, parsley and garlic in a medium bowl and stir until smooth. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Cover and set aside until serving.
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat until a bread cube dropped into the oil turns light golden after 15 seconds.
- Add half the cauliflower to the hot oil and fry, turning occasionally, for 5-8 minutes or until golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to a plate lined with paper towel to drain. Repeat with remaining cauliflower. Place the fried cauliflower on a serving plate and drizzle with the tahini sauce. Serve immediately.
Recipes and photos courtesy of G.I.T. Imports.